INTEGRA is currently looking for a mid-level Civil Engineer (Roadway & Site) to join our team in San Juan, PR. The successful candidate will take on an active role working directly with senior engineers to assist in performing site analysis and design. The candidate will prepare engineering designs, studies, and reports related to site infrastructure including grading, drainage, sewers, and potable water. The candidate will be involved in the development of engineering design details, specifications, contract drawings, and estimates.
Our Civil Engineering Department is currently in continuous growth and adapting to new trends in the industry with the use of sophisticated analysis tools with a highly technical approach and the utilization of site 3D Modeling to provide cost-effective solutions for every challenge.
The candidate will be accountable for assigned routine engineering tasks with the advice and mentoring of the Senior Staff.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assisting Senior Engineers by performing specific engineering tasks
- Design of Roadways, streets, site improvements, and all features related to buildings and facilities site layout
- Production of plan sheets for a typical site design project
- Quantity takeoffs and estimate packages
- Preparation of technical specifications and design documents, report writing
- Coordinate aspects of design with other technical staff (architecture, structural, survey, etc.)
- Interact with other professionals, clients, and consultants
- Travel to client locations for meetings and site visits
- Proficiency or the ability to learn AutoCAD Civil 3D, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), and the ability to learn and use new software
- Familiarity with Puerto Rico infrastructure design and permits standards is a plus
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s (Required)
- Master’s (Preferred but not required)
- Engineer in Training EIT (Required or ability to obtain within 6 months)
- Interest in pursuing and pass the PE Exam within the first year of employment
- Spanish and English (Required)